EF Ultimate Break Booking Conditions
These Booking Conditions are valid for all EF Ultimate Break tours departing after June 1, 2022. All tours are operated outside of the U.S. by EF Education First International Ltd., Selnaustrasse 30, 8001 Zurich, Switzerland, organization number: CHE-109.874.655, VAT number CHE-116.325.678 MWST. Marketing services for that company may have been provided by either EF Institute for Cultural Exchange, Inc. or EF World Journeys, Inc. (f/k/a Go Ahead Vacations, Inc.), both of which are located at Two Education Circle, Cambridge, MA [t: 800-766-2645]. Neither marketing service company provides any goods or services for your trip, and each is referred herein together with EF Education First International, Ltd. as “EF.”
I. RESERVING YOUR TOUR
A reservation fee of $150 is required for all tours at the time of enrollment, which includes processing services by EF staff to secure your space on tour and defrays a portion of costs related to initial planning and preliminary reservations with airlines, hotels, and other suppliers that occur months if not years before departure. The reservation fee is fully refundable if you cancel in writing within 48 hours following enrollment. After 48 hours, the reservation fee becomes non-refundable and the Standard Cancellation Policy applies (see Cancellations and Modifications section).
EF may, from time to time, offer promotional enrollment periods requiring only a limited initial deposit towards the non-refundable reservation fee to secure your place on a tour. In those circumstances, the promotional initial deposit becomes non-refundable immediately at the time of payment and EF’s Standard Cancellation Policy (see Cancellations and Modifications section) will immediately apply. The balance of the reservation fee will then become due in accordance with the traveler’s Automatic or Manual Pay schedule and will be non-refundable at the time of payment.
If you are booking 30 days or less prior to the tour’s scheduled departure, you are required to pay in full at the time of booking and EF’s Standard Cancellation Policy (see Cancellations and Modifications) will immediately apply.
II. WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
A tour’s program price includes the following:
• Standard rooming occupancy (see Rooming section);
• The non-refundable reservation fee;
• Departure fees and surcharges;
• Round-trip airfare, unless the land-only package is selected;
• Airport transfers, unless the land-only package is selected or Special Travel Arrangements are made (see Flight Information and Special Travel Arrangements sections);
• Accommodations during tour;
• A dedicated Tour Director;
• Tour Director-led city orientations as specified;
• Sightseeing tours and excursions led by local guides as specified;
• Entrance fees as specified;
• Breakfast daily;
• Welcome and farewell dinners at the beginning and end of tour and other meals as specified by the itinerary;
• Transportation between cities and activities such as buses, cruises, ferries, trains or flights as specified;
• Support from EF representatives abroad;
• 24-hour worldwide emergency service.
III. WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM PRICE?
A tour’s program price does not include the following:
• Rooming upgrades;
• Optional excursions;
• Tour extensions;
• Travel Protection;
• Beverages, lunch, and dinner (except where specified in the itinerary);
• Transportation to free-time activities;
• Customary gratuities (for your Tour Director, bus drivers and local guides);
• Any applicable baggage-handling fees imposed by the airlines (see Flight Information section);
• Expenses caused by airline rescheduling, cancellations or delays caused by the airlines, bad weather or events beyond EF’s control (see Flight Information section);
• Passport, visa, reciprocity fees or other fees associated with meeting destination entry requirements;
• Fees associated with Special Travel Arrangements (see Special Travel Arrangements section)
IV. PRICE VALIDITY
Based on exchange rates, airfares, fuel prices/surcharges and land costs, all prices are subject to increase prior to the time of booking. All prices are in U.S. dollars. While EF makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of its publications, it cannot be held responsible for typographical or printing errors (including prices). All discounts, promotions, and sales are subject to the specific terms listed for that price. For most promotions, travelers may be eligible for a one-time promotion adjustment should they find the same tour, date, and gateway (if applicable) on sale for a lower price within 60 days of the initial enrollment. This adjustment is only applicable to the base price of the tour. All travelers are ineligible for a price adjustment once their trip departs in fewer than 99 days.
V. GROUP TRAVEL
Ultimate Break tours are designed for 18 to 35-year-olds as reflected in the pacing, accommodations, activities, and other aspects of the tour. EF does everything it can to keep the program price affordable without sacrificing quality. One way we do this is to organize individuals and small groups to a tour size that will fill a tour bus so that all travelers help cover the costs of the bus, the Tour Director, local guides, etc. As a result, group travel does require some flexibility in booking, departure planning, and operation of your tour. In the event of low enrollment, EF reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a tour. If this happens, EF will offer a comparable tour and/or departure date. If no option is available, you are entitled to a refund of all monies paid.
If improvements can be made to your tour itinerary or unforeseen circumstances necessitate changes, EF reserves the right to amend your itinerary prior to your departure and while on tour. Reasons that may necessitate an itinerary change include but are not limited to: local or national holidays, special events, severe weather, road closures, government orders or restrictions, or other unexpected conditions. EF will make every effort to minimize inconvenience for our travelers; however, such circumstances may require adjustments such as changing the order in which cities are visited on your itinerary, altering your length of stay in a city or country, or using an alternate airport. Other possible changes include departure, arrival or return dates. On certain days, especially holidays and special events, some tour inclusions—such as (but not limited to) historical sites, museums, castles, churches, and shops—may be closed or allow limited access. If we are unable to adjust the itinerary to accommodate for local access restrictions to attractions, we will substitute different inclusions or provide a refund for any missed activity after tour. If your enjoyment might be diminished by such minor limitations, it is your responsibility to check with the respective national tourist organizations before selecting a tour and travel date.
You will be subject to EF’s Standard Cancellation Policy (see Cancellations and Modifications section) should you choose not to travel on a modified itinerary. If you wish to change the date or destination of your tour, EF must be notified by 99 days prior to departure (see Enrollment section.) After this time, additional fees will be incurred, and changes may not be accepted.
VI. CHANGES AFTER ENROLLMENT
After enrollment is complete, you must review your online account to ensure that your full passport name and date of birth are reflected accurately. If you need to make any changes to this information, it is your responsibility to notify EF by 99 days before your scheduled departure. Failure to do so will result in additional airline fees and you will be denied boarding at the airport if the name on your e-ticket does not precisely match your passport.
If you need to make any corrections to match your passport name after 99 days prior to departure, it will necessitate that we change your flight reservation, resulting in a minimum service fee of $100 up to the cost of a new published fare airline ticket. This may also result in a different flight itinerary than you were originally booked on, and/or may result in different itineraries from the rest of the group on internal flights.
If you would like to change the date or destination of your tour, you must notify EF in writing of your request by 60 days prior to the departure date of the tour on which you are presently enrolled. Your request is subject to approval based on space available for the new trip to which you would like to rebook.
For customers who did not purchase Travel Protection:
Once approved, your account will be adjusted to reflect the details and current price of the new tour. You will be able to switch your tour one time free of charge if you rebook to a tour within the same travel season*. Any additional switches will incur a $50 non-refundable service fee. You are responsible for paying the full balance reflected on your updated account, and a subsequent cancellation will subject you to the higher cancellation fee under EF’s Standard Cancellation Policy (see Cancellations and Modifications section) based on the departure date of the newly selected tour or the departure date of the originally scheduled tour.
If you rebook to a tour in a different travel season*: your account will be adjusted to reflect the details and current price of the new tour in addition to a $100 non-refundable service fee. You are responsible for paying the full balance reflected on your updated account, and a subsequent cancellation will subject you to the higher cancellation fee under EF’s Standard Cancellation Policy (see Cancellations and Modifications section) based on either the departure date of the newly selected tour or the departure date of the originally scheduled tour.
For customers who purchased Travel Protection:
Once approved, your account will be adjusted to reflect the details and current price of the new tour. Because you have purchased Travel Protection, you are entitled to switch your tour in the current travel season an unlimited number of times without penalty as long as your current trip and the trip to which you are rebooking is not less than 60 days prior to departure*. You are responsible for paying the full balance reflected on your updated account, and a subsequent cancellation will subject you to the higher cancellation fee under EF’s Standard Cancellation Policy (see Cancellations and Modifications section) based on either the departure date of the newly selected tour or the departure date of the originally scheduled tour.
If you request to rebook to a tour in a different travel season*, you must pay a non-refundable $50 service fee at the time of rebooking. You are responsible for paying the full balance reflected on your updated account, and a subsequent cancellation will subject you to the higher cancellation fee under EF’s Standard Cancellation Policy (see Cancellations and Modifications section) based on either the departure date of the newly selected tour or the departure date of the originally scheduled tour.
*The travel season runs from Oct. 1st to Sept 30th.
VII. LATE ENROLLMENTS
If you enroll 98 days or fewer prior to departure, you must pay a non-refundable late enrollment fee as well as any additional costs incurred to secure your late reservation with airlines, hotels, and other suppliers. Your reservation is pending while we check availability. If we can secure a place for you on tour, you will receive notification confirming that your reservation is complete, and EF’s Standard Cancellation Policy then applies (see Cancellations and Modifications section and the Payment Plan section for guidelines and payment schedule.)
Should your reservation incur additional costs for flights and land suppliers, an EF Trip Consultant will contact you to discuss your options. If you decline to pay the additional airline/supplier fees, or if we are unable to secure your place on tour, you will receive a full refund and your pending reservation will be cancelled.
If you are booking 30 days or less prior to the scheduled departure date for your trip, you are required to pay in full at the time of booking and EF’s Standard Cancellation Policy (see Cancellations and Modifications section) will immediately apply. Also, you are not eligible for the 48-hour risk-free period related to any portion of the program price, including the non-refundable reservation fee.
VIII. PASSPORTS, VISAS & OTHER TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Each traveler is solely responsible for obtaining prior to departure a valid passport, applicable visas, and any other required travel documents, as well as verifying and satisfying the entry and exit requirements necessary for each destination of the tour itinerary (including all countries visited in transit). This may include required medical documents, testing, or proof of vaccinations (including any requirement to provide proof of full and up to date COVID-19 vaccination). All U.S. passports must be valid for at least six months following the tour’s return date. Non-U.S. citizens will need to contact the embassy or consulate of their destination countries to ensure they meet specific entry requirements. Visit the U.S. Department of State’s travel website at www.travel.state.gov for more information. If a traveler is unable to obtain these travel documents or meet any applicable entry or exit requirement, EF’s Standard Cancellation Policy (see Cancellations and Modifications section) will apply and travelers will be solely responsible for any incurred expenses.
IX. TRAVEL PROTECTION
You can help protect your investment from the unexpected with the offered Travel Protection plan. Designed specifically with EF travelers in mind, this plan includes both pre- and post-departure benefits, which include medical expense coverage that may apply on tour and tour cancellation for stated reasons such as serious injury or illness or financial hardship due to job loss. All benefits are subject to the limits, terms, and exclusions of the policy. A copy of the policy and additional information prepared by Academic HealthPlans (AHP) is available at: https://ahptravelcare.com/EFUltimateBreak. The Travel Protection plan becomes non-refundable after any of the following occur: when you depart on your tour, when you file a claim, or 10 days after receipt.
X. CANCELLATIONS AND MODIFICATIONS
Standard Cancellation Policy
The cancellation policies outlined below take into consideration the costs EF incurs months if not years before groups ever depart. Notice of cancellation from an EF tour will only be accepted from the traveler. The date of cancellation will be determined by the date on which EF receives written notice. To qualify for a refund in accordance with EF’s Standard Cancellation Policy, you will need to have agreed to these Booking Conditions and Release & Agreement and all payments must be received on time. In addition to providing written notice of any cancellation, we recommend you also call us to ensure we received your notice and so that we can best review your options.
Based on the date EF receives written notification of your cancellation, you will be refunded for the balance paid minus the applicable cancellation fee and any other non-refundable fees or charges. Travelers enrolled in the EF Ultimate Earth tours are subject to additional terms, including different cancellation terms and fees (see EF Ultimate Earth Supplemental Terms section). Non-refundable fees in addition to the applicable cancellation fee include, where applicable, the cost of Travel Protection, late enrollment fees, name change fees, declined credit/debit card fees, late payment fees, manual payment fees, returned check fees, and stop payment fees.
Days Prior to Departure & Cancellation Fee
• 30 days or less = Full balance paid
• 31-60 days = $2000
• 61-99 = $1000
• 100-364 days = $450
• 365+ days = $150
Refunds can be issued by check to the person whose name appears on the account or issued back to the credit card(s) used to make prior payments (up to the original amount charged per credit card account).
Cancellations or Modifications Required by External Events Beyond EF’s Reasonable Control
EF shall not be liable to any traveler for the need to cancel, modify, or postpone the tour as a result of events that are beyond EF’s reasonable control. These matters include such “acts of God” or force majeure events as actual or threats of: epidemics or pandemics, or other public health issues or emergencies (such as but not limited to the current COVID-19 pandemic); severe weather events or natural disasters such as but not limited to hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis, tornadoes, fires, floods, volcanic activity, or landslides; war (whether declared or undeclared); terrorist activities; instability in a destination location; incidents of violence, riot, sabotage, civil commotion, or nationalization; strikes or labor disputes or lockouts; government orders, sanctions, actual or potential quarantines, or other restrictions affecting travel in, to, or around a location; disruption to transportation; chemical or radioactive contamination; or any other reason that makes it actually or potentially impossible or illegal for EF to conduct the tour as originally contracted. EF incurs substantial non-recoverable costs and expenses of its own in planning, preparing, and pre-paying amounts for such tours. Accordingly, if EF cancels a tour for any such reason, travelers will receive an EF future travel voucher for all monies paid, less the cost of any purchased Travel Protection plan. The voucher will be valid for one year from the date of issuance. The value of this future travel voucher is non-refundable in the event of traveler cancellation from a rebooked tour. Cancellation, modification, or postponement by EF for causes described in this section shall not be a violation of its obligations to any traveler and will not be deemed a “failure” to provide travel services.
COVID -19 Cancellations; Modifications; or Requirements
In the event external events beyond EF’s reasonable control have not rendered a tour program impossible or illegal to depart as scheduled yet EF reasonably decides in its sole discretion that the tour must nevertheless be cancelled, modified, or postponed due to health or safety concerns related to the COVID-19 pandemic or because issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic would affect the quality of the tour, travelers acknowledge that EF’s sole obligation to them will be to rebook them to a future tour with no rebooking costs or issue an EF future travel voucher in all amounts paid less the cost of any purchased Travel Protection plan that may be used for future travel. EF and the enrolled traveler agree that a cancellation, modification, or postponement by EF for causes described in this section shall not be a violation of its obligations to any traveler and shall not be deemed a “failure” to provide travel services.
EF is not responsible and shall not be liable to any traveler for any destination-imposed travel or entry requirement related to COVID-19 or for requirements necessary for the operational feasibility of group-based tour programs, including but not limited to vaccination, testing, or other public health requirements. Customers who are unwilling or unable to comply with such travel or entry requirements and choose to cancel their tour are subject to EF’s Standard Cancellation Policy (see section above). EF also reserves the right in its sole discretion to, in good faith efforts to protect against health concerns, exceed destination-imposed travel or entry requirements and require full vaccination against COVID-19, pre-tour and on-tour testing for COVID-19, and other public health measures for travelers to certain destination. In such an event, travelers unable or unwilling to meet such requirements must notify EF of their decision to cancel by no later than 60 days prior to departure. Travelers acknowledge that EF’s sole obligation in that instance is to issue an EF future travel voucher for all monies paid, less the cost of any purchased Travel Protection plan . EF’s Standard Cancellation Policy (see section above) applies to travelers who cancel for a reason covered by this provision within 60 days prior to departure.
XI. FLIGHT INFORMATION
We always do our best to provide the most direct route to your destination. In order to pass on the best overall value to our travelers, however, certain routings may not be available, and we cannot guarantee non-stop or direct flights. EF cannot guarantee that you and your companions will travel on the same flights. Seat assignments are generated by the airline and will be provided upon check in. You are responsible for any baggage handling fees imposed by the airline. If a traveler is not satisfied with their flight reservation, EF’s Standard Cancellation Policy (see Cancellations and Modifications section) will apply.
Once you are ticketed, you are responsible for any costs associated with changes including but not limited to: name correction, change in gateway, routing preferences or departure time requests. These changes could result in additional costs, most often ranging from $300 in airline fees up to the full cost required to purchase a new published fare airline ticket.
You must travel on all legs of your itinerary. If you do not travel on a portion of your flight itinerary, the remaining portions will be cancelled by the airline. If this happens, you will be responsible for purchasing a new ticket and any service fees charged by the airlines. If you miss a leg of your flight resulting in a delayed arrival, you will not be reimbursed for the missed portions of the trip.
Yes, you must travel on all legs of your itinerary. If you do not travel on a portion of your flight itinerary, the remaining portions will be cancelled by the airline. If this happens, you will be responsible for purchasing a new ticket and any service fees charged by the airlines. If you miss a leg of your flight resulting in a delayed arrival, you will not be reimbursed for the missed portions of the trip.
EF is not responsible for airline schedule changes, personnel strikes impacting service, flight cancellations, or airline delays due to weather, mechanical requirements, capacity, or any other reason. If your flight is delayed or cancelled, it is your responsibility to work directly with the airline to get re-booked on a new itinerary as needed. Once your new flight is confirmed, you must then notify EF with your updated arrival time. If you are arriving later than your original scheduled flight, you may not be met by an EF representative at the airport. If this is the case, you will be responsible for making your own transportation arrangements from the airport to the first accommodation on your itinerary.
EF is not responsible for costs associated with a flight delay or cancellation, such as (but not limited to) hotels, meals, or additional airline charges. In the event an airline delay or cancellation causes you to miss time on tour, you will not be reimbursed for missed portions of the trip, including but not limited to accommodations, meals, excursions or sightseeing tours.
Flights to and from the following destinations may originate/end at any of the airports in that vicinity. On occasion, you may be booked on a flight itinerary returning to a different airport than the one you departed from. If you have selected one of the following interchangeable airports during your enrollment process and prefer a specific gateway of those listed below, you must communicate that preference to EF in writing up until 99 days prior to departure. Please note that EF cannot guarantee availability and additional costs may be associated to accommodate your preference, for which you are responsible. Your preference may also result in additional travel legs to your itinerary due to routing options available within our contracts with the airlines.
• New York: JFK, Newark or LaGuardia
• Washington, D.C./Baltimore: BWI, Dulles or Ronald Reagan National
• Miami: Miami or Fort Lauderdale
• Houston: George Bush Intercontinental or Hobby
Your flight itinerary and e-ticket number will be posted in your online account at efultimatebreak.com 30 days prior to the scheduled departure for your tour. EF will provide your itinerary only after your account has been paid in full, and after you have agreed to these Booking Conditions and Release & Agreement.
While it is not recommended, you can elect to make your own flight arrangements. To do so choose the “land only” option (without flights). If you select this option, you are responsible for booking your own flights arriving in time for the scheduled start of your tour as published; please review the itinerary closely for when tour activities begin based on time zone differences and travel times to said destination from your domestic home gateway.
Please note that EF handles all transportation during your tour, so any flights between cities mentioned on your itinerary are included as part of your tour package.
Transfers to and from the airport at your destination are included in the tour price for travelers who purchase flights from EF. (If you plan to make a Special Travel Arrangement, please review the Special Travel Arrangement Terms & Conditions for additional details and requirements regarding eligibility for transfers.) If you book your flights independent of EF, however, EF will not arrange airport transfers and you are responsible for arranging your own transportation to the first accommodation listed on your itinerary and back to the airport at the end of tour.
If it is necessary for EF to change or cancel your travel program in any way (see the Itinerary Modifications section), you are responsible for altering your flight plans accordingly and any costs that result from such changes or cancellations. To avoid these costs, EF recommends that you should not book your own flights or other independent travel arrangements until your trip has been confirmed at 60 days prior to departure.
XII. SPECIAL TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS
If you would like to arrive early at your destination, stay behind to explore more, or visit another city, EF can help you to customize your travel itinerary to fit your travel preferences. Requests to customize your itinerary are available for a non-refundable special travel fee of $75 plus any additional airline costs incurred. Please note that options are subject to airline availability and EF cannot accommodate requests to arrive after the scheduled start of the tour or to depart before the scheduled end of the tour. Your Special Travel Arrangement is personal travel time, without the services of a Tour Director or the company of your tour group. EF is unable to recommend or book accommodations, airport transfers, sights or transportation between cities for you during your Special Travel Arrangement. You are responsible for making all these arrangements on your own and the associated costs. As noted in the previous section of this document, we do not advise booking your own flights or travel arrangements until your tour has been confirmed at 60 days prior to departure.
You can request a Special Travel Arrangement upon enrollment or until 99 days prior to departure through your online account. If EF can confirm your request for a Special Travel Arrangement, your online account will reflect your new travel dates and gateways in addition to a $75 non-refundable special travel fee. Should your reservation incur additional costs with the airlines, an EF Trip Consultant will contact you to discuss your options.
Special Travel Arrangement Terms & Conditions
EF cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate your request for a Special Travel Arrangement. Options are subject to airline availability and additional airline costs, which are the responsibility of the traveler. If you request to fly into or out of a different international gateway, there are often costs incurred. If EF is unable to accommodate your Special Travel Arrangement request, EF’s Standard Cancellation Policy (see Cancellations and Modifications section) still applies.
EF cannot guarantee specific airlines, routings, or flight time preferences. EF also does not guarantee that you and your traveling companion(s) can be booked on the same flight itinerary. Additionally, please note that if you are traveling with a companion who has not made the exact same Special Travel Arrangement, you will most likely not be on the same flight itinerary due to your differing travel dates and/or destinations; this is to be expected even if you are traveling from the same domestic home gateway.
If you purchase the Travel Protection plan through EF, the plan does not provide coverage during any Special Travel Arrangement days. See https://ahptravelcare.com/EFUltimateBreak for official information from the insurance provider about period of coverage.
If you book a Special Travel Arrangement and in doing so elected to alter your arrival or departure flights in any way, EF is unable to arrange airport transfers for you; you are then responsible for arranging your own transportation to the first accommodation at the beginning of tour and back to the airport at the end of tour. In order to qualify for an airport transfer at the beginning of tour, you must arrive from your domestic home gateway to your tour’s international gateway on the scheduled start date as published. To qualify for an airport transfer at the end of tour, you must depart back to your domestic gateway from your tour’s final gateway on the scheduled end date.
It is your responsibility to review the published itinerary and to make your own arrangements to arrive in time for the first scheduled hotel overnight and tour activities, and to depart following the scheduled end date. Please review the itinerary closely for when tour activities begin based on time zone differences and travel times to said destination from your domestic home gateway.
You must start and finish your trip at the same domestic gateway. For example, you may not fly out of Boston and return to New York.
EF cannot arrange extended layover requests. For example, if you are flying from Paris to Los Angeles, you may not stop over in New York for two days.
If you book your tour fewer than 99 days prior to departure, you must submit your Special Travel Arrangement request at the time of enrollment.
It is your responsibility to review your Special Travel Arrangement for accuracy. You must submit any changes or additional requests prior to 99 days before departure. At 99 days prior to departure, all Special Travel Arrangement requests are considered final. After this point, changes to travel dates, destination cities, or any other adjustments are subject to penalties or fees determined by the airline; you are responsible for any such costs.
Standard rooming, which is included in the price of the trip, is up to six people per room. You will be staying in twin, double, or bunk beds, with other EF travelers of the same gender from your group. Roommates are chosen randomly, unless a traveler requests a specific roommate; see the next section for details about submitting roommate preferences. Please note: any roommate or rooming upgrade request must be submitted no later than 60 days prior to departure.
You can request roommates upon enrollment or through your online account until 60 days prior to departure.
We offer two options for a Private Room Upgrade:
1.) You may request to be placed with a traveling companion in private rooming.
2.) You may request a single room (without a roommate.)
Both types of upgrade requests are subject to availability at all accommodations on tour and cannot be guaranteed. All Private Room Upgrade requests must be submitted before 60 days prior to departure via your online account. Please note that certain tours do not allow for Private Room Requests due to availability constraints at the accommodations used.
When you submit a Private Room Upgrade request upon enrollment, it will automatically reflect on your account and the charges outlined below will be added. If we are unable to accommodate the request due to availability constraints (see “What is a Private Room Upgrade” section directly above), an EF Trip Consultant will contact you to discuss your options. Your account will be automatically adjusted to reflect Standard Rooming, and the upgrade costs will be removed from your account. Room upgrade costs are not refundable at less than 60 days prior to departure.
In order to process the upgrade, it is required that both travelers submit separate requests through their online account. Rooming style for this type of upgrade will consist of either twin beds or a shared double bed. This type of rooming upgrade is for an additional fee.
Rooming style will consist of either a twin or double bed. This type of rooming upgrade is for an additional fee.
Overnight ferries and cruises provide cabins. These contain up to six fold-out beds that come down from the wall. Private Rooming Upgrades and/or private bathrooms may not be available on overnight ferries.
XIV. OPTIONAL EXCURSIONS
Optional excursions require a minimum number of participants in order to run; minimum enrollment requirements vary for each excursion and are subject to change. If your excursion is cancelled by EF on tour, you will be refunded post-tour for the amount you previously paid to book that excursion.
To secure a discounted price and guarantee your place on the excursion, most optional excursions need to be purchased 30 days prior to departure. The majority of excursions can also be purchased on tour at a slightly higher price. However, exact booking deadlines for each excursion may vary and we recommend that you carefully review our website for optional excursion details. Please note that excursion prices and booking deadlines are subject to change.
As above, if EF cancels an optional excursion you will receive a full refund for the excursion after returning home from tour. To receive a refund for an excursion that you simply no longer wish to be enrolled in, you must let EF know by 30 days prior to departure or no refund will be given.
Each tour begins when your flight takes off from the departure airport, and ends when your flight lands at the return airport; please note that there is no EF representative present at domestic gateways, on flights to/from tour, or after drop-off at the airport at the end of your tour.
For those making their own flight arrangements, the tour begins upon your arrival at the first EF-arranged accommodation and ends upon departure from the last EF-arranged accommodation, according to the itinerary. The official length of an EF tour does not include Special Travel Arrangements.
Where applicable, refunds will either be mailed via check or credited back to the card used to make the original payment. Refunds via check will be issued in the name that appears on the traveler’s account. Please allow four to six weeks for a refund to be executed. Refunds can only be made back to the same card or checking account used previously, and only up to the amount previously paid on that specific card or checking account. There will be a non-refundable $35 stop-payment fee for lost refund checks.
EF is not responsible for loss of passports, airline tickets or other documents, or for loss of or damage to luggage or any other belongings. The traveler is solely responsible for all logistical and financial requirements necessary to replace lost belongings and personal documents.
For customers who did not purchase Travel Protection:
If you decide to leave tour early due to loss of interest, sickness, or other personal reasons, you are responsible for any additional costs incurred by interrupting the tour. This includes, but is not limited to, your return flight and any other additional costs such as those associated with transportation, accommodations, and meals. You will not be reimbursed for any missed portions of the tour resulting from your interruption.
For customers who purchased Travel Protection:
If you purchased travel protection and interrupt tour for a reason covered under the policy guidelines, you are eligible to submit a claim to the insurance provider for additional transportation costs and for reimbursement of unused land or water travel arrangements. Please see https://www.sis-inc.biz/tours/efultimatebreak/for further details about the plan offered. All non-refundable fees, as outlined in the Cancellations and Modifications section, are considered Used Fees and are not eligible for reimbursement. All claims and benefits decisions are entirely at the discretion of the insurance provider and their designated claims administrator.
Please make your EF Trip Consultant aware of your needs, and we will do our best to ensure that our suppliers are informed of your dietary requirements. However, we cannot guarantee that all requests will be accommodated. Travelers are responsible for making their own arrangements for all in-flight meals.
XVI. PAYMENT PLAN TERMS & CONDITIONS
Should you choose the Automatic Payment Plan or Manual Payment Plan, the following Terms and Conditions apply.
Automatic Payment Plan
• Travelers must select a payment method of either direct debit from a checking account or an ATM/debit card (card must display the Visa or MasterCard logo).
• A minimum of two automatic payments are required. Travelers who are not eligible for the Automatic Payment Plan must pay in full upon enrollment or enroll in the Manual Payment Plan.
• Please note: if you would like to enroll in the Automatic Payment Plan with only two scheduled payments, a non-refundable deposit of $750 is required at the time of booking.
• Travelers who choose monthly payments must choose a date between the 1st and 26th of the month on which their account will be automatically debited. Travelers who choose bi-weekly payments must choose a weekday (Monday-Friday) on which their account will be automatically debited. Due to weekends and holidays, EF reserves the right to debit the travelers’ account up to three days after the scheduled date.
• The Automatic Payment Plan amounts are subject to change if tour items or payments (other than the Automatic Payment Plan) are added or removed in excess of $20. All other items or payments totaling $20 or less that are added or removed will only be reflected in the final payment.
• After the Automatic Payment Plan’s final scheduled payment, any additional items are due at time of purchase. Payments will no longer be automatically deducted.
• A non-refundable $35 fee will be assessed each time a payment is returned or declined. In these cases, the plan will be recalculated to have the missed payment redistributed across the remaining schedule. EF reserves the right to withdraw travelers from the plan for returns or declines in two consecutive payments. Should the final payment be returned or declined, travelers will automatically be withdrawn from the plan.
• In the event that a traveler’s payment is returned or declined, EF may require the traveler to make up the missed payment in order to remain enrolled on the tour.
• Should the traveler opt to withdraw from the plan or is withdrawn by EF, the traveler will be enrolled in the Manual Payment Plan.
• If paying by debit card, a secondary debit card is recommended for backup in the event the primary card is declined. No fee will be assessed if the secondary card is approved. For direct debit, we do not allow a backup payment method. Unfortunately, EF is not currently able to store a backup payment method for direct debit payments.
Manual Payment Plan
• If travelers do not pay in full upon enrollment or choose the Automatic Payment Plan, they will be enrolled in the Manual Payment Plan, and a $50 plan fee will be applied.
• An initial payment of $450 is due upon booking and the following payment schedule applies:
o If the traveler elects to add Travel Protection to their account, payment for the Travel Protection plan is due at the time of enrollment
o Additional payments can then be paid at the traveler’s discretion up until the final payment date
o Final balance due at 99 days prior to departure
o A late fee of $95 will be assessed for any missed payment. All late fees are non-refundable.
• A non-refundable $35 fee will be assessed each time a payment is returned or declined.
• Travelers are responsible for making on-time payments per the schedule above. Failure to make payments on time may result in tour cancellation.
• All payment due dates refer to the dates by which each payment must be received by EF.
• EF reserves the right to cancel the traveler’s reservation if any payment is past due in which case EF’s Standard Cancellation Policy (see Cancellations and Modifications section) will apply.
• Travelers can pay by direct debit or with ATM/debit cards or credit cards with the Visa or MasterCard logo
• Payments can be made at efultimatebreak.com or by calling 800-766-2645.
XVII. EF ULTIMATE BREAK SUPPLEMENTAL BOOKING CONDITIONS FOR ULTIMATE EARTH TOURS
The following supplemental Booking Conditions apply to travelers enrolling on an Ultimate Earth tour. These supplemental Booking Conditions apply in addition to, and not in lieu of, EF Ultimate Break’s Booking Conditions. In the event the terms below directly conflict with the EF Ultimate Break Booking Conditions, the terms set forth below will prevail.
A reservation fee of $500 is required for an EF Ultimate Earth tour. The reservation fee is fully refundable if you cancel in writing within 48 hours following enrollment. After 48 hours, the reservation fee becomes non-refundable and the Ultimate Earth cancellation terms set forth below apply. EF may, from time to time, offer promotional enrollment periods that extend to Ultimate Earth bookings that require only a limited initial deposit towards the $500 non-refundable reservation fee. In those circumstances, the promotional initial deposit becomes non-refundable immediately at the time of payment and the Ultimate Earth cancellation terms set forth below will immediately apply. The balance of the Ultimate Earth reservation fee will then become due in accordance with the traveler’s Automatic or Manual pay scheduled and will be non-refundable at the time of payment.
EF Ultimate Break Waitlist Booking Conditions for the Ultimate Earth departures
We will accept waitlist reservations for the Ultimate Earth tour. You will need to pay the $500 reservation fee in order to secure a place on the waitlist. If we are unable to confirm your reservation by 99 days prior to departure, your reservation fee will be refunded in full. If we can confirm your reservation, the reservation fee becomes immediately non-refundable and the Ultimate Earth payment and cancellation policies in this section will apply. To avoid cancellation fees, once off the waitlist you will need to make any necessary payments consistent with the Ultimate Earth payment schedule set forth in this section. You may cancel off the waitlist prior to confirmation of your reservation at any point prior to 99 days prior to departure and we will refund your $500 reservation in full.
EF Ultimate Break Payment Policy for Ultimate Earth departures
Once you are booked, in order to secure your reservation and remain booked on the 2021/2022 Ultimate Earth departures, the following payment conditions must be met. Failure to do so will result in cancellation from the trip and you will be subject to the Ultimate Earth cancellation terms in this section:
• By 360 days to departure = $1000 must be paid
• By 240 days = $3000 must be paid
• By 180 days = $9000 must be paid
• By 120 days = $12,000 must be paid
• By 99 days prior to departure = Must be Paid in Full
Due to TSA security and Visa requirements, you must also provide EF Ultimate Break with your name and birth date exactly as it appears on your passport 99 Days prior to departure. Failure to provide this information by the due date could result in cancellation from the trip and any corresponding cancellation fees. This Payment Policy and the paid in full deadline supersedes all other payment terms within the Ultimate Break Booking Conditions, including Automatic Payment Plan terms.
EF Ultimate Break Cancellation Policy for the 2021/2022/2023 Ultimate Earth departures
Based on the date EF receives written notification of your cancellation, you will be refunded for the balance paid minus the Ultimate Earth cancellation fee and any non-refundable fees. Non-refundable fees in addition to the applicable cancellation fee include, where applicable, the cost of Travel Protection, late enrollment fees, name change fees, declined credit/debit card fees, late payment fees, manual payment fees, returned check fees, and stop payment fees. In addition to notifying us of your cancellation in writing, we also recommend you call so that we can best review your options.
Days Prior to Departure & Cancellation Fee
• 60 days or less = Full balance paid
• 61-99 days = $6,000
• 100-199 days = $1000
• 200+ days = $500
XVIII. PROTECTION FOR YOUR PAYMENTS
Your tour money has protection in the unlikely event of EF bankruptcy, insolvency or cessation of business under our participation in the United States Tour Operators Association (USTOA) $1 Million Travelers Assistance Program. For program details and a list of its affiliates contact USTOA by mail at 275 Madison Avenue, Suite 2014, NY, NY 10016, by email at email@example.com or online at USTOA.com.
XIX. OTHER TERMS AND PROVISIONS
The terms and provisions of these Booking Conditions supersede any other warranties, representations, terms or conditions, unless they are expressly stated within a Booking Conditions Addendum or in a letter signed by an EF officer.
Enrolling travelers acknowledge that EF may change the Booking Condition terms from time to time and those changes become effectively immediately. Notice will be provided to you in the event of a material change. A traveler's continued use of EF's services following such notice constitutes acceptance and agreement to be bound by such changes. Travelers agree that the current version of the Booking Conditions in effect at the time of travel or cancellation applies to their tour program.
The tour operator for your trip is EF Education First International Ltd., Selnaustrasse 30,8001, Zurich, Switzerland, organization number CHE-109.874.655, VAT number CHE-116.325.678 MWST. EF Institute for Cultural Exchange, Inc. and EF World Journeys, Inc. (f/k/a Go Ahead Vacations, Inc.) are affiliates of EF Education First International, Ltd. and may have acted solely as a marketing services provider for that company with respect to the purchased trip. Neither EF Institute for Cultural Exchange Inc. nor EF World Journeys, Inc. is an agent of EF Education First International Ltd. and neither provides or has provided any goods or services for your trip. The services provided are tax-exempt with credit in accordance with Swiss Federal Law with regard to VAT Article #23.
EF is a registered “Seller of Travel” as defined by travel regulations in the following states: Florida (Reg. No. ST42668 & Reg. No. ST36778); California (Reg. No. 2060043-20 & Reg. No. 2015641-20); Washington (Reg. No. 601794226 & Reg. No. 603084928).
Release & Agreement
I (or parent or guardian if enrollee is under the age of 18) am an enrollee for an EF Ultimate Break tour. By signing or electronically submitting the EF Ultimate Break Application, I understand and agree to the following:
- I acknowledge and understand that my tour is operated outside of the U.S. by EF Education First International, Ltd., Switzerland, and that EF Institute for Cultural Exchange, Inc. or EF World Journeys, Inc. (f/k/a Go Ahead Vacations, Inc.) acts only as a marketing service provider for that company. If I am participating in a domestic tour in the U.S., I understand that a portion of my tour may be operated by EF Explore America, Inc., a U.S. affiliate.
- EF Institute for Cultural Exchange, Inc., EF World Journeys, Inc. (f/k/a Go Ahead Vacations, Inc.), EF Education First International Ltd., and their affiliated companies, partners and any companies acting on their behalf, along with their officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, agents, and authorized representatives (collectively referred herein as “EF”) do not own or operate any entity which is to or does provide goods or services for my program, including, for example, arrangements for or ownership or control over hotels, houses, apartments or other lodging facilities, tour directors, airline, vessel, bus or other transportation companies, local ground operators, visa processing services, providers or organizers of additional excursions, food service or entertainment providers, etc. I acknowledge that all such persons and entities, specifically the Tour Director assigned to my tour, are independent contractors and not employees of or employed by EF.
- Without limitation, EF is not responsible for any injury, loss or damage to person or property, death, delay or inconvenience in connection with the provision of any goods or services occasioned by or resulting from, but not limited to, acts of God; force majeure; acts of government; acts of war or civil unrest; insurrection or revolt; strikes or other labor activities; public health issues or emergencies; epidemics; pandemics; plagues; outbreaks of infectious diseases; mass-illness; criminal, terrorist or threatened terrorist activities of any kind; overbooking or downgrading of accommodations; structural or other defective conditions in houses, apartments or other lodging facilities (or in any heating, plumbing, electrical or structural problem therein); mechanical or other failure of airplanes or other means of transportation or for any failure of any transportation mechanism to arrive or depart timely or safely; financial failure or other defaults by suppliers; dangers associated with water-based activities; dangers associated with or bites from animals, insects or pests; sanitation problems; food poisoning; lack of access to or quality of medical care; difficulty in evacuation in case of a medical or other emergency; or any negligent or willful act or failure to act of any third party, or for any other cause beyond the direct control of EF.
- I agree to release EF from, and agree not to sue EF for, any and all claims, of any nature related in any manner to my participation in an EF-sponsored tour, including but not limited to, claims for negligence, breach of contract, breach of express or implied warranties, negligence or wrongful death or any statutorily based claim. I hereby unconditionally and unequivocally waive any and all claims and demands for all damages, losses, costs and expenses of any nature whatsoever (including attorneys’ fees) on account of or arising out of any and all personal injury, death, bodily injury, mental anguish, emotional distress, property or other damage that I may suffer from any cause whatsoever related in any way to my participation in any EF-sponsored tour. I agree that this release applies to and binds myself along with my personal representatives, executors, heirs, and family.
- I further agree to release EF from any and all decisions to cancel, modify or delay the tour as a result of unforeseeable events that are beyond the reasonable control of EF, that make the tour impossible or impracticable to conduct, or which become necessary or advisable for my safety or for the quality of the tour experience. I acknowledge and agree that this release includes and applies to activities not offered by EF on my tour but that I may have the opportunity to participate in and that may be considered risky including, but not limited to, parasailing, paragliding, parachuting, skydiving, scuba (unless certified), and the use of motorbikes, mopeds, scooters and all-terrain vehicles (ATVs).
- I understand that travel in other nations is not similar to travel within the United States. Travel outside of the United States can involve inconvenience and risk, including, but not limited to, forces of nature, geographic and climatic conditions, different hygienic standards, infrastructure problems (including road maintenance, transportation delays and accommodation conditions), civil unrest, vandalism, crime, political instability, and terrorism. Medical services or facilities may not be readily available or available at all during all or part of a program and, if available, may not be equal to standards in the participant’s home country. I further understand that different parts of the world present unique health, disease, and safety concerns, and I agree to review any specific risks related to my destination by visiting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Traveler’s Health website at www.cdc.gov/travel and the State Department’s International Travel website at travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel.html. I assume all risk of bodily injury, death, emotional trauma, property damage, inconvenience, and/or loss resulting from negligence or any other acts of any and all persons or entities, however caused, including, but not limited to, those risks mentioned above. It is my intention fully to assume all of the risks of travel and participation in the program and to release EF from any and all liabilities to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- EF shall have no liability or responsibility for me whatsoever when I am absent from EF-supervised activities or for non-EF supervised activities, such as free time, visits to friends or relatives, Special Travel Arrangements, or during stay-ahead, stay-behind or any optional periods or activities when not escorted by a Tour Director.
- My tour begins with the takeoff from the EF departure airport and ends upon completion of the flight back to the origination (or other arrival) airport. If I have purchased a Land-Only Package, I understand that my tour begins with my arrival at the first accommodation arranged by EF on my itinerary and ends with my departure from the final accommodation arranged by EF on my itinerary and does not include flights between cities.
- The air carrier’s liability for loss of or damage to baggage or property, or for death or injury to person, is subject to and limited by the airlines’ contract of carriage, its tariff, the Montreal Convention or Warsaw Convention and their amendments or both.
- EF reserves the right to refuse or cancel my registration at its sole discretion. In such event, the Standard Cancellation Policy and associated fees as outlined in the Cancellations and Modifications section of the Booking Conditions apply.
- I agree to abide by EF’s regulations and the directions of my Tour Director and EF’s personnel during my tour. These regulations include but are not limited to prohibitions on hitchhiking, the driving or renting of any motor vehicle, possession and/or usage of drugs, overindulgent alcohol consumption, disruptive actions to the tour group, damage to hotel property, or causing or threatening to cause physical harm to another person. I understand and agree that EF may dismiss me from the tour at any time and at my sole expense for the failure to follow such rules or directions or for any other reason that EF deems in its sole discretion requires my dismissal from the tour. I understand that in the event I am dismissed from the tour for any reason, I waive the right to a refund of any part of my program price, and that EF may then send me home at my own expense. EF is not responsible for arranging my transport home.
- I agree to abide by all local laws, regulations, and governmental advisories for all locations of my tour when abroad, including those concerning drugs and alcohol. I understand that if I refuse to follow, abuse or disobey such laws, even unintentionally, I waive my right to a refund of any part of the program price, and EF may send me home at my own expense. I also understand that should local authorities be involved, I will be subject to the laws of the country I am visiting. Actions resulting in incarceration will result in immediate termination from the tour, and I agree to waive the right to a refund of any portion of my program price. EF is not responsible for any legal fees or arrangements.
- If I become ill or incapacitated, EF, EF’s employees, or my Tour Director may take any action they deem necessary for my safety and well-being, including securing medical treatment and transporting me home at my own expense. EF retains the right, in its sole discretion, to contact the Emergency Contact listed on my enrollment form with regard to health issues or any matter whatsoever that relates to my tour. These rights transcend any and all privacy regulations that may apply. In the event of a medical emergency, EF will attempt to cause appropriate treatment to be administered, and I authorize EF to do so. EF, however, makes no warranty that it will be able to cause effective (or any) emergency treatment to be administered or to be timely administered and EF will not be responsible for monitoring any health care that I may necessitate.
- I understand and agree to abide by the time scheduled by my Tour Director for departures from itinerary locations, including city departures. Failure to be on time for a scheduled departure may result in the Tour Director and tour group leaving without me, and I will have to make my own arrangements at my own expense to reconvene with the group. EF is not responsible for arranging such transportation.
- EF has the right to make changes in tour itineraries and departure dates, and to modify transportation arrangements, including the use of substitute airlines. In the event of such changes, travelers who choose to cancel will be subject to EF’s Standard Cancellation Policy (see Cancellations and Modifications section).
- It is my responsibility to secure the necessary travel documents and to satisfy any applicable entry or exit requirements (e.g., passport and visa[s], vaccination requirements or records, medical testing, or other required medical records) for all locations on my tour (including locations visited during transit). Failure to do so does not constitute grounds for a refund except as provided in the Standard Cancellation Policy outlined in the Booking Conditions for an EF Ultimate Break tour (see Cancellations and Modifications section).
- EF is not responsible for loss of passports, airline tickets, or other documents, or for loss of or damage to luggage or any other passenger belongings. In the case of a lost paper airline ticket or missing EF booked flight, I acknowledge that I am solely responsible for meeting the airline’s requirements (both logistical and financial) for ticket replacement.
- I will be required to pay for any phone calls or incidental personal expenses that I incur at hotels or other accommodations, as well as for any damage I cause to hotel rooms, buses, or other property.
- I represent that I will be between the ages of 18 and 35 for the full duration of my tour program. I also understand and acknowledge that this tour has been designed for persons within this age range, , as reflected in the pacing, content, accommodations, and other aspects of the tour.
- This Release and Agreement and the Booking Conditions for an EF Ultimate Break tour constitute the entire agreement between EF and me with reference to the subject matter herein, and I do not rely upon any promises, inducements or agreements not herein, including but not limited to any oral statements made to me by any agents or employees of EF. This agreement may be amended or modified only in a writing signed by EF. The waiver by EF of any provision of this agreement shall in no way affect the remaining provisions of this agreement, and this agreement shall be interpreted as if such clause or provision were not contained herein.
- I understand and agree that this agreement and performance hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. In the event of any claim, dispute or proceeding arising out of my relationship with EF, or any claim which arises between the Parties, whether or not related to this agreement, the literature for the trip, or the trip itself, all parties submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and/or the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
- EF or its representatives, agents or consultants may use any photographic, film, digital, or video likeness taken of me, any of my comments while on an EF tour, and any of my photographic, film, digital, or video content shared by me with EF through any format for future publicity or marketing without compensation to me and also may use my contact information for future EF promotions.
If your application is taken over the phone, you must login into your secure account at efultimatebreak.com immediately to agree to this agreement.
Failure to agree to the Booking Conditions and Release & Agreement will result in you forfeiting your travel, and you will be subject to the Standard Cancellation Policy in EF Ultimate Break’s Booking Conditions.
Are you covered?
Many insurance plans do not provide adequate coverage for people traveling abroad.
We encourage all participants to sign up for cost-effective Travel Protection*, designed specifically to meet the needs of EF travelers. Travel Protection protects your investment prior to departure and covers your expenses should something unexpected happen during your trip. Note that the amount paid for Travel Protection is non-refundable and coverage begins as soon it's purchased.
Travel Protection is comprised of coverage for:
- Tour Cancellation
- Tour Interruption
- Baggage and Personal Effects
- Baggage Delay
- Accident & Sickness
*Travel Protection includes both an insurance and a tour operator benefit. To view a more detailed summary of the most current policy underwritten by United States Fire Insurance Company, click here. This page serves as a summary of coverages available under the Travel Protection plan; actual coverage options may vary, and underwritten components are based on state of residency. For detailed policy certificates by state click here.
Texting Terms and Conditions
By enrolling to receive SMS or MMS text messages from EF Institute for Cultural Exchange, Inc. (d/b/a “EF Ultimate Break”), you represent that you are 15 years of age or older and the owner, subscriber or customary user of the phone number you provided to EF Ultimate Break. You (or your parent or legal guardian if you are under the age of 18 or a minor under any other applicable law) expressly consent to the following terms and conditions.
Consent to Receive Text Messages. You consent to receive approximately 10 SMS or MMS text messages per month from EF Ultimate Break or its affiliates to the phone number that you provided to EF Ultimate Break. You acknowledge and understand that these text messages may or may not contain marketing content and may be sent or generated using an automatic telephone dialing system (a/k/a an “autodialer”) or other technology. Message and data rates may apply. You understand that your consent to receive text messages is not required to make any purchase from EF Ultimate Break.
Opt-Out. You may opt-out and withdraw your consent at any time by replying STOP to any EF Ultimate Break text message or by contacting EF Ultimate Break by the phone or email address provided below. In the event that you are no longer the subscriber to or otherwise stop using the provided phone number, you agree to either (i) opt-out by replying “STOP” to an EF Ultimate Break text message; or (ii) notify EF Ultimate Break through an email to UBCustomerService@ef.com containing your former phone number so that EF can identify it and remove it from its list of text message subscribers.
Supported Carriers. Supported carriers may change from time to time, but currently include: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, MetroPCS, T-Mobile (T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages).
Dispute Resolution. Any dispute or claim arising out of or relating in any way to SMS or MMS text messages sent by EF Ultimate Break or its affiliates shall be exclusively resolved by final and binding arbitration under the JAMS Streamlined or Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures. THE PARTIES FURTHER AGREE THAT ALL COVERED DISPUTES BROUGHT AGAINST EACH OTHER WILL BE ARBITRATED EXCLUSIVELY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS ONLY AND NOT IN A CLASS ACTION ARBITRATION, A COLLECTIVE ACTION ARBITRATION, OR ON A GROUP, REPRESENTATIVE, CONSOLIDATED, OR JOINT BASIS. YOUR ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICPATE AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS MEMBER FOR ANY CLAIM COVERED BY THIS AGREEMENT. THE PARTIES WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OF A COVERED DISPUTE OR TO HAVE A COVERED DISPUTE BE DECIDED BY A COURT OR JURY. With the exception of any
of the language related to the waiver of class and representative actions, if any part of this Dispute Resolution section is rendered invalid or unenforceable, the other parts of this Dispute Resolution provision shall still apply.
Contact Us. For additional assistance or more information, call our toll free number 1-800-766- 2645, or send an email to UBCustomerService@ef.com.
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
If you cannot, or will not, provide us with the personal information we reasonably require, we may be unable to provide you with the information, goods or services you have requested
“Personal Data” is information or pieces of information that could allow you to be identified, such as for example:
- Name and contact details (e.g. postal and email address, telephone number)
- Profile information (e.g. user name, profile picture or social media account ID)
- Country of residence
- Birth date
- Technical information, e.g. screen name, IP address, browser and device data, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, server log file data, app usage data and location data
- Preferences (e.g. shopping and browsing habits, preferred educational courses)
- Company, school, or teacher name and address
- Credit and debit card number
- Passport number
- Medical condition (e.g. allergies or illness)
How do we collect Personal Data?
We collect Personal Data in a variety of ways:
- Directly from you: Information is collected directly from you, either by you providing the information directly to us or you acting in a manner that provides us with the information, for example:
- Offline:We collect Personal Data from you offline, for example when you contact customer service, enroll in a product or service or provide information to us in writing.
- Online:We collect your Personal Data through the EF Products, for example when you sign up for a newsletter or a brochure or enroll in or use a product or service. We also collect Personal Data:
- Through your use of a mobile application. When you download and use one of our mobile applications, and to the extent allowed by your privacy settings in the application, we track and collect mobile application usage data, such as the date and time the mobile application on your device accessed our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the mobile application based on your device number.
- Through your device. Provided that you have enabled that function on your device, we collect the physical location of it to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. Read more about such services under “How do we use Personal Data?”
- Through links. We track and collect information about how users interact with links across products and services, including through email and links made available through third party services.
- Through browsing our sites. We may also collect information about your use of our services through your browser to trace activity on our sites, such as your IP address, Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, service provider, time of visit, page(s) visited and the name and version of the EF Product you are using.”
- From our corporate affiliates, business partners, assistance providers or claim handlers. We may receive Personal Data from other parties in conjunction with your program, including:
- Our corporate affiliates, such as the local EF company that promotes the sales of our services and offers customer service in your country of residence and provides us with the Personal Data that is needed to come to an agreement with you on your order, or the school in your country of destination that provides some of the services that you have ordered, or the Swiss principal company that is located in Switzerland and is responsible for the performance of the contract with you for any of EF’s offers.
- Business partners, such as local sales agents that promote the sales of our services in your country of residence.
- Claims handlers who receive information about your insurance claims in case of an insurance situation.
How do we use Personal Data?
- Your Personal Data will be processed by EF for the purposes of completing your booking, providing you with the products and services that you have ordered (including travel insurance coverage), for customer service, administrative services or as otherwise necessary to perform the contract between you and us or as further described in this policy.
- We may also use Personal Data:
- For statistical purposes, calculating usage levels, and helping diagnose server problems with the EF Products as well as to ensure that the EF Products function properly.
- To allow you to contact and be contacted by other users through the EF Products, as permitted by the applicable product.
- To allow you to participate on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and use other services enabling you to post information and materials.
- To analyse and improve our offers by identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and tailoring the EF Products experience and content based on your past activities on the EF Products. For example, depending on what EF Product you have searched for on our website, or in previous browsing, the offer presented to you on the EF Products may be limited to a specific tour, geography or budget.
- To provide you with personalized location-based services and content through the use of your device’s physical location. For example, you will be redirected to the local EF website in your language if your device indicates that you are browsing from that country, or you may be suggested the nearest EF office to your location for visits or information.
- To market our products and services, including special promotions based on your interests, for example through email marketing solutions such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud’s management software which maintains mailing lists and schedules and modifies email messages based on what recipients read, click-on or forward. All such email communication will include a clear unsubscribe link.
How do we share Personal Data?
- We share your Personal Data with our corporate affiliates, business partners and service providers both within and outside the U.S. and Canada:
- Our corporate affiliates are for example a local EF company that promotes the sales of our services and offers customer service in your country of residence, or in your destination country that provides some of the services that you have ordered, or one of the principal companies that is offering another of EF’s program.
- Business partners are for example local sales agents that promote the sales of our services in your country of residence; transportation or accommodation providers in your destination country; or course leaders, activity leaders or other contractors for management of any of our programs; or a travel insurance company that prepares the travel insurance for you.
- Service providers, such as providers of IT systems, for example for managing customer relations or payments; or providers of software and services for digital marketing automation and analytics.
- We also share Personal Data as we believe to be necessary: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions or a contract; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We use appropriate organizational, technical and administrative measures to keep the Personal Data under our control accurate and up-to-date, as well as to protect the Personal Data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and the accidental loss, destruction or damage of the Personal Data.
UNSUBSCRIBE FROM EMAIL MARKETING
To respect the privacy of our users, you may choose not to receive commercial emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the commercial emails we send you. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from commercial email messages, we may still email you regarding your account and your transactions.
THIRD PARTY SITES
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 13
If you are under the age of 13, you should review this text together with your parent or guardian to make sure you both understand it. We are not responsible for checking your age but sometimes we still do verification checks. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us. If we learn that you are under the age of 13 and that we have collected information about you without consent from your parent or guardian, we will delete the information as soon as possible and you will not be able to use EF Products.
SPECIAL NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents have the right to request and receive from us, once per year and free of charge, information about the personal information we have disclosed (if any) to third parties for their marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the phrase “California Privacy Request” in the subject line, and provide us with your name, postal address and email address.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to email@example.com including the phrase “California Privacy Request” in the subject line. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
- Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights. California residents have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verified consumer request, we will disclose to you: (i) the categories of personal information we collected about you; (ii) the categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you; (iii) our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information; (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information; (v) the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request); (vi) if we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing any sales (identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased) and disclosures for a business purpose (identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained).
- Deletion Request Rights. You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verified consumer request, we will delete (and direct any service providers to delete) your personal information from our records unless an exception applies, which may include but is not limited to information needed: (i) to complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you; (ii) detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities; (iii) enable solely internal uses that are reasonable aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us; (iv) comply with a legal obligation; and (v) make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights. To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 1.800.766.2645
- Emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verified consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
- You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must: (i) provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; and (ii) describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us properly to understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We cannot response to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make a request.
- Response Timing and Format. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without issue. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
- Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA.
PLEASE READ THIS USER AGREEMENT AND THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE.
AGREEMENT BETWEEN USER AND EF EDUCATION FIRST
OWNERSHIP OF CONTENT AND PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES
This website and the computers (including software and files) used to run and maintain them are the property of EF. This website and the computers hosting them, and the content provided in this site, including the text, graphics, button icons, audio and video clips, digital downloads, data compilations and software are the exclusive property of EF and may not be accessed, copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed without the written permission of EF, and/or its third party providers and distributors, except that you may access this site and download, display and print the materials presented on this site for your personal, non-commercial use only.
You may not without the prior written permission of EF use any computer code, data mining software, "robot," "bot," "spider," "scraper" or other automatic device, or program, algorithm or methodology having similar processes or functionality, or any manual process, to monitor or copy any of the web pages, data or content found on this site or accessed through this site. You also may not: engage in the mass downloading of files from this site; use the computer processing power of this site for purposes other than those permitted above; flood this site with electronic traffic designed to slow or stop its operation; or establish links to or from other websites to this site.
You may not download (other than page caching) or modify any portion of this site except with express written consent of EF. You may not:
(i) resell or make commercial use of this site or its contents;
(ii) collect and use any product listings, descriptions, or prices displayed on this site; or
(iii) create, reproduce and/or distribute any materials derived from the content provided on this site.
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. In addition, you are prohibited from posting or transmitting any information which
(a) infringes the rights of others or violates their privacy or publicity rights,
(b) is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, unless with the express written permission of the owner of such right,
(c) contains a virus, bug or other harmful item, or
(d) is used to unlawfully collude against another person in restraint of trade or competition.
The above description of the prohibited activities is not intended to be all inclusive and may be altered at any time by EF without notice. You shall be solely liable for any damages resulting from any infringement of copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right, or any other harm resulting from your use of this site.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL EF BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY. OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE ACCESS OR USE OF THIS WEB SITE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
EF is not responsible for any altered or printed versions of the information provided in this website or linked websites, nor any warranty or representation with regard to products or services that are advertised or promoted at linked sites. EF assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in any website materials. Information contained in this website is subject to change without notice.
CONTROLLING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This Agreement and its performance shall be governed by the laws of Switzerland without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. You consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the provincial and federal courts located in Switzerland in all questions and controversies arising out of your use of this site and this Agreement.